Monday, September 8, 2008

Special Appointment

Once a year I have to go to the Social Security Administration office to update Jaxon's paperwork etc... I usually always do everything at the Ada office. So in June I went in and turned in the papers that they (the Shawnee office) needed so that the Ada office could fax them to Shawnee. I received a letter around the middle of June from the Shawnee office saying that they never received paperwork. I called Ada and was instructed to schedule a meeting at the Shawnee office. I was aggravated because I was going to have to do everything all over and complained about having to go to Shawnee for the meeting because I'd always done everything at Ada but God knew why.
I went to Shawnee for the appointment and a young woman called me back to her desk. She was about 27 I believe, very nice and very helpful. As she started going over paperwork, she says, "Oh, so he's down syndrome, how has that been?" I said, "Well it was hard at first but now it's fine." She says, "I just found out that my baby is down syndrome." I immediatley knew that God had sent me there specifically for her! I asked her if it was a boy or girl. She said boy and I'm due in October. I just encouraged her by telling her that Jaxon has brought so much joy to my life and I love him so much. She said that her baby's organs looked healthy in the ultrasound and that his heart looked good. It's her and her husbands first baby, she was shocked when they first got the news, because she is so young. Her bloodwork came back positive, ultrasound positive and the amniocentesis was positive. I told her that all of my tests were normal and that I was her age during my pregnancy with Jaxon. We continued talking and realized that we had a lot in common, our husbands are both musicians, our husbands families had many musicians. After we were finished with our interview I brought Jaxon in so she could meet him, she fell in love with him and said that she couldn't wait to have her baby. She took pictures of him with her cell phone so she could show her husband, of course Jaxon smiled from ear to ear, he knows when he is getting his picture taken! We exchanged emails, I invited her to church (they were in the process of looking), gave her The Rider's cd and she said that they will visit our church. I told her that I had been griping about having to come to Shawnee for the meeting and she said that there was a reason why and I agreed.

No comments: