Friday, September 26, 2008

Dream


Last night I had a dream that was very "real". We (Nathan, Jaxon, Jaylyn and myself) were at a revival (or some sort of event like that). There were so many people there that people were in multiple buildings. Nathan was leading worship in another building when an announcement was made for down syndrome children to meet in one of the empty buildings. I remember carrying Jaxon (he was probably between 5-7 in the dream) into the building, we stood by the door along the wall. There were probably 100 kids and teenagers there. A man began to pray for a young teen girl and she fell to the floor, he began to pray for another teen and he also fell to the floor. I remember having the feeling of knowing that God was there. The man then reached his arms toward the kids and said, "Healing, in the name of Jesus!" Immediately kids fell down like a domino effect throughout the room. My ankles "broke" and I fell to the floor. The man that was praying knew I was Nathan's wife and knew he was leading worship in the other building, he asked me to go on the stage and give a testimony about what the Lord has done. I didn't hesitate, but when I got up off the floor I myself was Down Syndrome. I couldn't walk because the Spirit of the Lord was so strong and I kept falling. It was like I didn't have any muscle in my entire body and I felt like "jello" jiggling around! He helped me up to the stage and once I got on the stage I could take a couple of steps but then I would fall again! I remember telling him that he was going to have to help me the whole time! He asked who was standing beside me and I told him that it was my older sister but she was just a lot smaller than me (I was twice as big as her!). As I began to give my testimony I thought I had "put myself back together" and would be able to stand on my own. I looked out to the people (I noticed my mom all the way in the back standing against the wall, she is the only person I recognized) and nobody had any Down Syndrome characteristics, God had obviously healed everybody in the room! Then all of a sudden I fell down again, this time I laughed so hard that I couldn't even get up off the floor even if I wanted to! Everybody in the room started laughing with me (obviously with Holy Ghost laughter)!
I believe God is going to give me more understanding of this dream but for now this is what I believe: I was a wife and mother when I walked into the room, the Holy Spirit arrived and healed the kids, I got up from the floor and had "Jaxon's" down syndrome but I was still Nathan's wife but at the same time I was "Jaxon", I was considered "high functioning". Jaylyn was standing next to me and since I was "Jaxon" that's why I called her my "big" sister even though she was a lot smaller than me. That image makes me think that God took away the physical appearance of small height (common in down syndrome) and replaced it with normal/average height. Nothing is too big for God and when I woke up this morning it seemed so real, it was uplifting and encouraging! I can't wait to see God move like this and at the same time I'm going to expect great things!

No comments: