Monday, September 1, 2008

Jaxon Jude

On December 18th, 2006 God blessed us with our son Jaxon Jude. As a Christian I've always known that God won't give us things we can't handle but when the doctor told me he suspected Jaxon had Down's Syndrome, my heart dropped instantly and I cried and cried non-stop. My husband(Nathan), daughter (Jaylyn) and his parents had left to get something to eat (I was in the room by myself when the doctor came in) and I remember thinking to myself that I didn't want them to come back because I didn't want to tell Nathan what the doctor suspected. As soon as they walked in the door I cried uncontrollably, finally after about 10 minutes I told them the news. Everybody was in shock and immediately just started praying. How do you pray for a situation like this? We just prayed that God's will be done and that God would provide strength and comfort.

My pregnancy was completely normal not much different from my first. The bloodwork and ultrasound all came back normal, so we didn't prepare for the diagnosis. The labor and delivery was much easier than the first! Jaylyn was almost 9lbs and Jaxon was only about 6lbs!

God has done amazing things since Jaxon was born and I couldn't be more thankful for a smile that makes me smile every morning. Nothing is better than starting a day with a smile on your face. I know God is going to do great things through Jaxon to glorify His kingdom!

No comments: