Sunday, September 28, 2008

Change of Season

I can't believe fall is almost here! The leaves are changing to red, gold and orange and the grass is losing its rich green color. When seasons change it always reminds me of how God changes our "spiritual" seasons as well, although they may not go in the same order of mother nature. I love having all 4 seasons here in Oklahoma it makes me appreciate each season but yet look forward to the next. I think of that spiritually as well. God may put us in the desert for a while but He won't leave us there as long as we continue to find "water" so we can survive! God may put us in battles but will never forsake us as long as we trust in Him. I'm in a season of "wanting more" of Him but at the same time I get discouraged because I feel like many others are just riding in the boat while a few of us are paddeling vigorously through rough waters to get more of Him. I know, can feel that God is going to make big changes within myself and my family. Right now we are being patient or at least trying to be, to see what God has waiting for us at the end of the "rough" ride. God has been speaking to me more than ever and in many different ways such as dreams, music, and conversations with other people. I feel like I've gained a confidence within myself in the last year that I've never experienced before, and I'm loving it because it allows me to converse with people a lot easier about everything and most of all about God. I can't wait to see what God is going to reveal in the next several months, but I guess I will wait, besides there is nobody better to wait on than God!

No comments: