Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 2009

I turned the big 3-0 on March 5th. I remember on my 29th birthday I was already nervous about turning 30. I feel great...it was just another birthday and I actually feel relieved in a sense. Somebody told me that people tend to take you more serious when you're in your 30's, I guess I'll find out! I've been on a diet for the last 2 months because everybody says it's harder to lose weight after 30. I don't agree it's hard to lose weight at any age! So far I've done pretty good. I've lost about 22lbs. from my heaviest weight ever but right now the scale won't budge! Just losing 5lbs. makes a huge difference so I've set 10lb. goals instead of looking at the "big" picture I'm just focusing on the "small" one right now!

Jaylyn turned 4 on February 22nd, I can't believe she is already 4! She wanted to have 3 birthday parties, our house, mema's house and grandma Phyllis house, she narrowed it down to mema's house! It was chilly and windy outside so I thought it would be fun for the kids to let balloons go up to Jesus, they loved and laughed and jumped around the whole time! They just thought it was the coolest thing. She had a good Little Pet Shop party and she told me today that it's almost her birthday again!
The weather has been crazy here. One week 70's-80's and sunny, next week 50's and rain and thunderstorms and this week 30's-40's with snow in some areas! Early last week Nathan and I and the kids went to Wintersmith Park in Ada, we walked, fished and of course let the kids play. Overall the weather has been pretty good, Jaylyn was able to fly her kite a few weeks ago, until it made a nose dive into a tree.
Jaylyn is playing t-ball this summer. So far she is really liking it, well as long as she is batting or running, she doesn't like to wait on catching the ball. The first game is April 7th and Jaylyn can't wait for the "spaceball" game!
Jaylyn loves to annoy him and he ALWAYS lets her know how mad he is!



























1 comment:

My boys and my Angel said...

Melissa, Hey girl I Love your blog, your kids are so adorable! I Love the one with Jaxon in the batman PJ's. Jaylyn's birthday pics are adorable..She has really grown. your family is an inspiration to me. I know it's because of You and Nathan's Love for God. I know we don't know eachother that well, but I can tell you are a great mom.